Donate Fish to ORCA's One Health Fish Monitoring Project
How does this action
help our Lagoon?
The Ocean Research & Conservation Association, Inc. (ORCA) Fish Monitoring project focuses on the accumulation of naturally occurring toxins and toxicants (manmade) in fish that live in the Indian River Lagoon and surrounding waters. Through the support of Citizen Scientists (that’s you!), data collected as part of this project will help pinpoint which pollutants are accumulating and whether or not they may be transferred to humans or other animals within the food chain.
Want to learn more about the ORCA One Health program? Click here for additional information.
Scan the code at the
fish drop off location.
How does it work?
- Take your fish* to the designated ORCA drop off location in Brevard County
- At drop off, look for the Lagoon Loyal QR code sign
- Sign into your Lagoon Loyal account and scan the QR code with your mobile device to earn points!
Brevard County fish drop off location:
990 E Melbourne Ave
Melbourne, FL 32901
*Remember these things:
- Keep fish whole and on ice (or keep frozen)
- Make sure it is legal and in season, and locally caught in the Indian River Lagoon or contributing waterways within Brevard County
- Include the label with your fish, and be sure to provide date, time caught, and location (GPS or click here to view county sector maps)
For more information about this project, please call ORCA at 772.770.6702.